Recompiling Non-PostGres apps when upgrading PostGreSQL

From: "Chris Ruprecht" <chrup999(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Recompiling Non-PostGres apps when upgrading PostGreSQL
Date: 2001-05-29 20:37:15
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi all,

In the past, I have rebuilt all my "dependant" binaries, every time I installed a new version of Postgres. "Other binaries" means php, ssl and apache. However, I'm wondering if I really have to do that if nothing in the API changes. I know, it might be safe to do it anyway - just in case, but it's quite a bit of time which gets lost, every time I do that. Any input?

Best regards,
Chris