Database backup and restore

From: "Colin Stearman" <cstearman(at)infofind(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Database backup and restore
Date: 2002-11-22 15:58:45
Lists: pgsql-admin

Am I missing something? There seems to be no way to dump all databases and then restore them (as you'd have to do on a version change) if the databases contain blobs.

pg_dump supports dumping of blobs with the -b -Ft switch, but using pg_dumpall with those switches doesn't seem to work. And in any case, pg_restore seems to be missing its equivalent pg_restoreall. Other than (painfully) manually pg_dumping and pg_restoring each database, how else could it be done?

I would search the mailing lists but the site's search engine is down.

Thanks,
Colin
Colin Stearman
President