Re: Noobie: Problems with a query

From: "Chris Boget" <chris(at)wild(dot)net>
To: "Nabil Sayegh" <postgresql(at)e-trolley(dot)de>
Cc: "PGSql Novice" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Noobie: Problems with a query
Date: 2003-06-30 12:27:30
Lists: pgsql-novice

> Am Mon, 2003-06-30 um 13.56 schrieb Chris Boget:
> > which, sadly, is greek to me. The problem is that the above query
> > takes very close to 12 seconds to execute. Is there a better way I
> > could write the query? The number of rows in each table are as
> > follows:
> First of all you should try: VACUUM ANALYZE;

What was that supposed to tell me?

As (problem) db owner:

=> vacuum analyze;
WARNING: Skipping "pg_group" --- only table or database owner can VACUUM it
WARNING: Skipping "pg_shadow" --- only table or database owner can VACUUM it
WARNING: Skipping "pg_database" --- only table or database owner can VACUUM it
VACUUM
=>

As root:

=# vacuum analyze;