Full Case INSENSITIVE ...

From: "Nicola Cisternino" <ncister(at)tin(dot)it>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Full Case INSENSITIVE ...
Date: 2001-07-27 11:31:56
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi,

... We are a Microsoft SQL Server users by many years .... and now we would like migrate our applications on PostgreSQL ... .but for us is very important the case function in query operations ....
SQL Server databases can be case-sensitive or case-insensitive depending on installation options.
If a database is case-sensitive, when you search for text data, you can use any combination of uppercase and lowercase letters. For example, if you are looking for a name such as "Smith," you can use the search conditions "=smith" or "=SMITH." ... so as you can search any data with all standard operators ( ">" "<" ... etc...) without lost any record ! ....

It's possible with PostgreSQL ??? ( .... i already know the ILIKE clause .... but it's insufficient !! ...)

It will be a future implementation ???

Very thanks !!