Blobs

From: "Neil Cameron" <n(dot)cameron(at)blueice(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Blobs
Date: 2000-01-24 22:33:59
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi Folks

I want to store Word docs etc into the mighty Postgres. I think this means using blobs.

1.Does anybody know the SQL to create say a table with a field called docs to store them in. I don't know what the data type is.

ie something like CREATE TABLE documents docs (blob datatype ??)

2. Is there some special syntax to get the blob back. ie SELECT (special syntax)

Thanks

Neil(at)blueice