ODBC on OSX

From: Peter Harvey <pharvey(at)codebydesign(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: ODBC on OSX
Date: 2001-12-17 02:03:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I have made binary distributions of;

- unixODBC
- PostgreSQL Driver
- MySQL Driver

availible to the public at http://www.codebydesign.com/DataArchitect.

These binary distributions are based upon Open Source code which was
configured and built on the Mac OSX.

All distributions use the standard Mac installer to ensure that they are as
easy to install as possible. Furthermore; the drivers are auto-registered
during their install using the unixODBC odbcinst command-line tool.

The graphical parts of unixODBC, including the driver config dialogs, are
supported by a Qt runtime which also installs using the standard Mac
installer. The GUI stuff needs to be tweeked a bit but it appears to be quite
usefull.

This work was done as part of the development of Data Architect. It is hoped
that it is usefull to others.

Please support the development of open clients for data access by purchasing
a copy of Data Architect.

Peter

BTW: I used qmake to build these in order to bypass the current GNU auto-tool
confusion on OSX. The qmake project files and my notes are in the unixODBC
cvs at Source Forge.