Re: Postgresql.conf - which param for in memory keys and tables?

From: "Christian Hofmann" <christian(dot)hofmann(at)gmx(dot)de>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Postgresql.conf - which param for in memory keys and tables?
Date: 2006-06-01 15:40:26
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hello Tom,

> This happens automatically because of kernel disk caching;
> you shouldn't
> have to worry about it, assuming that you do actually have enough
> memory.

Thank you for your answer. Will this also be done automaticly on a windows
server 2003 server?

When I am looking at the task manager postgresql is only consuming 10MB and
there are 2GB Free of memory.
I have enought data that postgresql could load into the memory.

On the other hand I think as it is a disk caching issue I won't see anything
in the task-manager.
Maybe windows does not have such a disk caching or I haven't found it?

Thank you,

Christian