Re: WinXP Install - Account Password Information

From: Afton & Ray Still <rastill(at)shaw(dot)ca>
Subject: Re: WinXP Install - Account Password Information
Date: 2005-11-04 02:15:10
Lists: pgsql-novice

----- Original Message -----
From: <operationsengineer1(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: "Afton & Ray Still" <rastill(at)shaw(dot)ca>; <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Sent: Sunday, October 23, 2005 6:44 PM
Subject: Re: [NOVICE] WinXP Install - Account Password Information

I just came across a way to change the password on this type of account on
XP Home. It's not overly elegant, but it seems to work, at least sort of.
Please note: I haven't fully tested this. To make a long story short, I
tried a piece of software I read about http://www.enuffpc.com/ (please
note: I have no connection to this software) It has a free trial download.
The software is designed to take control of all the profiles on your
computer, to limit login time, etc. As part of the setup process, it detects
all the accounts on your computer. It also detects service accounts. It
gives you the option of changing the password on these accounts at this
time. It appears that it may change the account into something like a guest
account as well. I'm not sure if this destroys the functionality of the
account or not. This also allows the account to be deleted if desired.
(make sure you remove the program when your finished.)
Not overly pretty, but the closest thing I've come across to a solution.
HTH
Ray