Re: A simpler way to configure the source code?

From: "Mitch Vincent" <mitch(at)doot(dot)org>
To: "PostgreSQL Development" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: A simpler way to configure the source code?
Date: 2002-01-30 01:33:22
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> > I remembered that in the old days PHP had an interactive setup script,
>
> Perl's got one of those too, and I hate it ...

As do I.. I disliked the PHP one too.

Getting all the options setup initially is a bit daunting but once you have
your options, you can save it and cut/paste it in the future (which is what
I do, I have an entire doc dedicated to configure options and such of the
servers I configure)... Still, I'm not sure it's a huge issue as normal
users probably don't recompile very often...

I don't think switching to an interactive script would be good but giving
people the option will make some users happy I'm sure..

-Mitchell