Re: function cache??

From: Janning Vygen <vygen(at)planwerk6(dot)de>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "PostgreSQL-General" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: function cache??
Date: 2001-06-29 15:14:46
Lists: pgsql-general

Am Freitag, 29. Juni 2001 16:53 schrieb Tom Lane:
> Janning Vygen <vygen(at)planwerk6(dot)de> writes:
> > it seems to me that function are not reloaded vene if id rop them and
> > recreate them.
>
> That's hard to believe. Example please?
>
> regards, tom lane

small webpage is grabbing some contactdata.
i have a shell script which drops and recreates datatbase
and the cat the following with

cat sql_commands | psql kontaktdaten

last thing i added was the telephone check
and it seems that the backend just dont care about it.

but i do believe that i did a mistake anywhere else, os i go and search for
it.

>>> file sql_commands

\connect - janning

CREATE TABLE kontakte (
kontakte_id serial,
empfaenger text,
anrede text,
name text,
vorname text,
email text,
telefon text,
firma text,
nachricht text,
aufmerksam text,
newsletter text
);

CREATE FUNCTION check_kontakte () RETURNS OPAQUE AS '
BEGIN

IF NEW.anrede = ''0'' THEN
NEW.anrede := NULL;
END IF;

IF NEW.aufmerksam = ''0'' THEN
NEW.aufmerksam := NULL;
END IF;

IF NEW.telefon ISNULL THEN
RAISE EXCEPTION ''Bitte geben Sie ihre Telefonnumer an'';
RETURN NULL;
END IF;
RETURN NEW;

END;
' LANGUAGE 'plpgsql';

CREATE TRIGGER if_kontakte BEFORE INSERT OR UPDATE ON kontakte
FOR EACH ROW EXECUTE PROCEDURE check_kontakte();

--
Planwerk 6 /websolutions
Herzogstraße 86

fon 0211-6015919