Re: tables, permissions, sequences

From: Martín Marqués <martin(at)bugs(dot)unl(dot)edu(dot)ar>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: tables, permissions, sequences
Date: 2001-06-12 15:17:13
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-sql

On Mié 06 Jun 2001 16:21, Martín Marqués wrote:
> I have a database with a bunch of tables with owner martin. There are a
> bunch of views and rules also owned by martin (me! :-) ).
> There is a group admin_users which has ALL privileges over the views. When
> ever I try to do an insert on the view (the rule executes a few inserts) I
> get this error:
>
> ERROR: carrera_id_curso_seq.nextval: you don't have permissions to set
> sequence carrera_id_curso_seq
>
> What's wrong?
> I'm on Postgres 7.1.1.
>
> Saludos... :-)

Hey, I end this mail a week ago, and just now i gets t the list? Is there
something wrong with the mailling lists? Some of my mails get through fast
(at most 4 hours it gets back here), and others, like this on, don't get
through ever (or almost ever).

I'm not trying to hurt feelings. In Spanish we would say: "Es una critica
constructiva" (it's a constructive criticism).

P.D.: Keep the good job.

Saludos.... :-)

--
Cualquiera administra un NT.
Ese es el problema, que cualquiera administre.