Re: Using BLOBs with several DBMS

From: Ricardo Maia <rmaia(at)criticalsoftware(dot)com>
To: Manika dey <bithi(at)ipr(dot)res(dot)in>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Using BLOBs with several DBMS
Date: 2001-05-30 10:23:43
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hi,

I didn't want to burn a SQL type in the application code. Because if I use
PostgreSQL a BLOB is named as "oid" in Oracle is "long raw" and other BDMS can
name it diferently.

I am looking for a solution that at runtime connects to the DBMS and find out
what SQL type corresponds to BLOB and then create a table with a field of
that type.

Ricardo Maia