Re: SAPDB Open Souce

From: Kaare Rasmussen <kar(at)webline(dot)dk>
To: "'pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: SAPDB Open Souce
Date: 2001-04-29 08:14:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> I downloaded it. The directories are two characters in length, the
> files are numbers, and it is a mixture of C++, Python, and Pascal. Need
> I say more. :-)

Yes!

You, or better someone who knows SAP DB could tell if it's "probably the most
complete free database system available right now, with much more features
than interbase, mysql or postgresql" as this guy Hemos says on Slashdot.

I remember the same being said about Interbase when it was OSS'ed, but I
still stick to PostgreSQL.

But knowledge doesn't hurt, and as someone pointed out, you can't tell the
quality of the software from the names of your source code.
But it sure makes it a lot more difficult to understand what's going on, I'll
grant you that :-)

--
Kaare Rasmussen --Linux, spil,-- Tlf: 3816 2582
Kaki Data tshirts, merchandize Fax: 3816 2501