Log File Maintainance

From: Inpreet Singh <Singh(dot)Inpreet(at)netsity(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Log File Maintainance
Date: 2005-04-11 05:25:11
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,

I am working on live server where we have installed postgres database as
our back end. But now the problem is due to continues work on postgres,
size of log files has become problem for us. And the partition where our
postgres exists is full. Postmaster is not working now. I tried to
rotate log file by adding lines in postgresql.conf
syslog = 2 # range 0-2
syslog_facility = 'LOCAL0'
syslog_ident = 'postgres'
********************************
But it doesn't working. Is there anything else I had to due in this
respect. I think I am missing some point.

Also I had written rotate script and save it at location
:/etc/logrotate.d
/usr/local/pgsql/data/serverlog
{
weekly
notifempty
rotate 2
create
/bin/kill -HUP `cat /usr/local/pgsql/data/postmaster.pid 2>
/dev/null` 2> /dev/null || true
endscript
}
But when I am executing following command it is flagging error
/etc/logrotate/postgres
[root(at)server logrotate.d]# logrotate -f -v postgres
reading config file postgres
reading config info for /usr/local/pgsql/data/logfile

error: postgres:6 unexpected log filename

Please guide me thru...............
Inpreet Singh