Re: More on elog and error codes

From: Christopher Sawtell <csawtell(at)xtra(dot)co(dot)nz>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, PostgreSQL Development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: More on elog and error codes
Date: 2001-03-20 21:41:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, 20 Mar 2001 10:56, you wrote:
> I've looked at the elog calls in the source, about 1700 in total (only

[ ... ]

> So we need some good error numbering scheme. Any ideas?

Just that it might be a good idea to incorporate the version / release
details in some way so that when somebody on the list is squeaking about
an error message it is obvious to the helper that the advice needed is to
upgrade from the Cretatious Period version to a modern release, and have
another go.

--
Sincerely etc.,

NAME Christopher Sawtell
CELL PHONE 021 257 4451
ICQ UIN 45863470
EMAIL csawtell @ xtra . co . nz
CNOTES ftp://ftp.funet.fi/pub/languages/C/tutorials/sawtell_C.tar.gz

-->> Please refrain from using HTML or WORD attachments in e-mails to me
<<--