Error in programer's guide JDBC chap 23

From: Björn Lundin <bjorn(dot)lundin(at)swipnet(dot)se>
To: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Error in programer's guide JDBC chap 23
Date: 2001-03-18 20:23:20
Lists: pgsql-docs

Hi!
I've found an error (Ithink) in the section JDBC Interface in programmer's
guide. The document has no version, but IU downloaded it from postgreSQL
2-3 moths ago, so it migth be corrected by now.

It's about Loading the Driver , page 207 at the bottom.

says Class.forname("postgresql.Driver");

BUT I think it should be

Class.forName("org.postgresql.Driver").newInstance();

i.e the org is forgotten. At least if you run 7.0.2-7.0.3 on a Mandrake Linux
7.2 system

This I found out by looking at the jar file with an hex editor.
trying what the documentaion said did not work.

Also I wonder if the next page is correct, Connecting to the Database.
It says (describing different types of URLs)
jdbc:postgresql://hostport/database.

Now, shouldn't there be something in between host and port ?
I haven't tried (no network) but it looks akward to me.

Björn Lundin
bjorn(dot)lundin(at)swipnet(dot)se