Re: PHP and PostgresSQL beta

From: "Martin A(dot) Marques" <martin(at)math(dot)unl(dot)edu(dot)ar>
To: "Brett W(dot) McCoy" <bmccoy(at)chapelperilous(dot)net>, <ryan(at)paymentalliance(dot)net>
Cc: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PHP and PostgresSQL beta
Date: 2001-03-06 21:22:12
Lists: pgsql-general

El Mar 06 Mar 2001 17:48, Martin A. Marques escribió:
> El Mar 06 Mar 2001 17:13, Brett W. McCoy escribió:
> > On Mon, 5 Mar 2001 ryan(at)paymentalliance(dot)net wrote:
> > > I know this issue has been discussed, currently I can't find the
> > > resolution. What needs to be done to the latest php release to get it
> > > to successfully compile with the latest beta version of pgsql?
> >
> > It can't find the postgresql headers. Did you install from RPM and not
> > install the devel RPM, or perhaps the headers aren't in a standard place?
>
> This has been discussed on this list (or the hacker list), and the problem
> has been fixxed on the cvs version of php.
> The problem is that there is no more a postgres.h, but I can't remember
> what's the new name of that header. Anyone remembers?

OK, found the post....

De: Larry Rosenman <ler(at)lerctr(dot)org>
Para: PostgreSQL Hackers List <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>,
tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgman(at)candle(dot)phl(dot)pa(dot)us

OK, I found it. PHP was including postgres.h (which we no longer
install...., so we were picking up a Feb 7 version).

Changing php's ext/pgsql/php_pgsql.h to #include <postgres_fe.h>
fixes it.

This is a gotcha for people following CVS or not cleaning out
the $(DESTDIR)/include directory

I'll submit a patch to the PHP folk.

--
System Administration: It's a dirty job,
but someone told I had to do it.