Re: PQexec() 8191 bytes limit and text fields

From: "Steve Howe" <howe(at)carcass(dot)dhs(dot)org>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PQexec() 8191 bytes limit and text fields
Date: 2001-07-18 17:30:56
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi...

The problem is, I compiled it myself from original PostgreSQL
version 7.12 C sources using Microsoft's Visual C++ 6.0. I had to compile it
because I add a function to free the handlers returned from PQnotifies(), or
I would have a memory leak.
The resulting libpq.dll seems ok in everything but this issue...
I guess I'll do it again, after checking the sources :)
Other people reported me they send large queries with no problems,
so I guess it should really be a problem of mine...

Best Regards,
Steve Howe