Job in New York. Hedge Fund.

From: "Daniel Heneghan" <dh(at)headhunting(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Job in New York. Hedge Fund.
Date: 2007-05-21 22:08:26
Lists: pgsql-jobs

Do you actually enjoy programming data structures, algorithms..Do you like
to roll up the sleeves take apart and optimize lists, stacks, queues, maps,
hashes, trees, etc....? Well, if so this job might be right for you. It is
not as if we need to reinvent the wheel all the time, it is just that such
programmers are the ones who have the interest and background for what we
do. We also have to build a lot of things ourselves because commercial
available software just do not have the performance metrics that we need.

I represent a research institution that just happens to be in the hedge fund
business. We have invested over $200 million in human and hardware assets
over the past 20 years, and the effort has paid off with steady, very well
above benchmark returns continuously for over 25 years.

We are expanding our initiatives and our looking to hire some programmers.
The languages we work with are C++, Java, C and Perl.

Ph.Ds. warmly welcomed, but we are interested in those with B.A and M.A's
too.

Our business is wall street, but our method and background is in research
and academia. Wonderful opportunity. Collegial environment.

We are located outside of New York city, on Long Island.

If interested, please contact,

Regards,

Daniel Heneghan
Pontal Inc. (646) 415-8250