Re: Sure enough, the lock file is gone

From: GB Clark II <gclarkii(at)geektech(dot)com>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: PostgreSQL Development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Sure enough, the lock file is gone
Date: 2001-01-27 11:07:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, 26 Jan 2001, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>Bruce Momjian writes:
>
>> If we have to do it, let's make it an #ifdef __linux__ option.
>
>What does Linux have to do with it? FreeBSD does the same thing, only
>every three days. I dont' know whether it's not enabled on a fresh
>install, but it's there, you only need to flip the switch. I doubt /tmp
>cleaning is such an unusual thing, especially on large sites.

Only on a poorly configured FreeBSD box. You do have to turn it on first.
FreeBSD (This is a 4.2-Stable box) will only delete files that have not been
modified within the set number of days. This amount is variable. You can also
tell clean_tmp to ignore any files you wish. This is all configurable via
rc.conf and friends.

GB

--
GB Clark II | Roaming FreeBSD Admin
gclarkii(at)GeekTech(dot)COM | General Geek