connecting to postgres server from Access

From: Markus Wagner <mawagner(at)mail(dot)uni-mainz(dot)de>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: connecting to postgres server from Access
Date: 2001-01-10 18:39:27
Lists: pgsql-interfaces pgsql-sql

Hi,

I'm running a postgres db server on my linux machine. Someone else would like
to build his frontends with MS Access and use the postgres server as backend.
He installed the Pg/ODBC-Driver linked to at the pg web site. But when he
tries to link in some table he always gets an error message about wrong
authentication. I inserted his IP address in the pg_hba.conf file and created
a linux user account for him as well as a pg user account within "template1".
So he could log in and use "createdb" to create his own db. I tried to set
his password within pgaccess, but pgaccess claims about wrong input ("").
Leaving the password field empty doesn't help to get the connection. Then I
set his password with "ALTER USER" in pgsql. But there still is no connection
from access to pg yet.

Could someone help?

Thanks,

Markus