Re: Server for Home Use

From: "Rob Sell" <lists(at)facnd(dot)com>
To: "'John Tankersley'" <johntank(at)merr(dot)com>, <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Server for Home Use
Date: 2003-11-20 12:53:08
Lists: pgsql-novice

You don't really need a server to run pg if I were you I would just run it
right on your SuSE box. I run SuSE 8.2 as a webserver/pg server and it is
still very much usable as a desktop system.

If you do want a separate computer, I would watch the dell deals at
slickdeals.net and/or techbargains.com for 560 you could a brand new dell
with a P4 > 2.6 hot video card etc... Granted all dell desktops come with
windows xp but you could always try to get a refund for it and install SuSE
8.2 on it since SuSE has no restrictions on how many computers you can
install it on.

Rob