Slow connections from Windows to Linux

From: Jacques Le Roux <jacques(dot)le(dot)roux(at)les7arts(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Slow connections from Windows to Linux
Date: 2005-11-16 12:53:26
Lists: pgadmin-support

I was using the previous pgAdmin version (the one packed with Postgres 8.0) on Windows (both 2k and XP). I'm now using the 1.4.0 version. I'm mainly using it to connect from Windows to an Ubuntu Hoary server with PostGres 1.4 on. Previously I encountered very fast connection when opening the database server. Now it's very slow (some minutes) and the postmaster task on server is using a lot of CPU ressources. Any idea ?

Thanks by advance :o)

Jacques