Re: Callable Statements and Connection Pooling

From: "Dave Cramer" <Dave(at)micro-automation(dot)net>
To: "'Richard Lynders'" <rlynders(at)hotmail(dot)com>, <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Callable Statements and Connection Pooling
Date: 2001-12-06 15:30:45
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Richard,

Callable statements are an interesting problem. Postgres doesn't support
the notion of stored procedures which return result sets, which makes
callable statements somewhat redundant. That being said there has been
some talk on the list to support what we can in the driver.

Connection pooling has been done but due to a code freeze for 7.2 we are
not including it in this release. There are many open source pools which
you can use for connection pooling.

Not sure about commercial drivers

Dave