Re: Nextval & Currval

From: "Shavonne Marietta Wijesinghe" <shavonne(dot)marietta(at)studioform(dot)it>
To: <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Nextval & Currval
Date: 2008-06-10 13:14:31
Lists: pgsql-sql

I managed to make the connection work. I tried inserting records from 2 computers. It works fine untill 2 computers insert a nextwall one after another.

Here is a small example of what i see in my DB

++++++|+++++++++++++++++|++++++++++
N ° | Session | Number
++++++|+++++++++++++++++ |++++++++++
1 | DB last record | 269
2 | PC A (nextval ) | 270
3 | PC A (nextval ) | 271
4 | PC A (currval ) | 271
5 | PC A (nextval ) | 272
6 | PC A (nextval ) | 273
7 | PC B (nextval ) | 274
8 | PC A (currval ) | 274
9 | PC B (nextval ) | 275
10 | PC A (nextval ) | 276

Isn't currval connected to its session?? I expected line N° 8 (PC A) to have the Number of the record it inserted a while ago (line N° 273).

Thank you.

Shavonne Wijesinghe