Large Objects and Bytea

From: "Kumar" <sgnerd(at)yahoo(dot)com(dot)sg>
To: "psql" <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Large Objects and Bytea
Date: 2003-09-25 04:11:28
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi Friends,

I am running Postgres 7.3.4 on RH Linux 7.2.

I am migrating MS SQL DB to Postgres DB. I have tables with columns of data type 'Image' in the MS SQL database.
IF I choose 'bytea' datatype, I am afraid it may lead to poor performance of the database (which I read from the manual). In this case what is the best data type to use.

Please suggest me. The explanation of using LOB objects in a table and to write them with image is not very clear in the documentation. Can any one send me any link or white paper or examples about it.

Thanks in advance.

Kumar