Re: Problem to manage OID on the space disk

From: Manfred Koizar <mkoi-pg(at)aon(dot)at>
To: "abremond(at)voila(dot)fr" <abremond(at)voila(dot)fr>
Cc: "pgsql-general" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Problem to manage OID on the space disk
Date: 2003-04-07 18:05:20
Lists: pgsql-general

On Fri, 4 Apr 2003 09:23:12 +0200, "abremond(at)voila(dot)fr"
<abremond(at)voila(dot)fr> wrote:
>When I delete many rows (with OID) the free space of disk doesn't changed !

That's to be expected.

>I make a vacuumdb, but I doesn't notice an increase of the free space disk.

VACUUM (vacuumdb) does not free disk space, use VACUUM FULL (vacuumdb
--full) instead.

>In a last step, I make a backup and a restoration but, it's the same.

Strange! I'm sure I'm missing something ...

>How can I remove the OID on my disk without corrupt my databases ?

Annie, I don't quite understand whether you want to remove rows or
the oid column. Can you give an example of what you tried?

Servus
Manfred