Mapping PostgreSQL data types to DB2 Federated Server

From: "Alexander Gataric" <gataric(at)usa(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Mapping PostgreSQL data types to DB2 Federated Server
Date: 2012-10-15 00:52:09
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-performance

Hello,

I'm on a project which requires adding PostgreSQL tables to DB2 Federated
Server. I'm getting an error with PostgreSQL data types boolean, text,
bytea, and XML. I believe this can be solved with the CREATE TYPE MAPPING in
Fed Server. Does anyone know which values to use? I'm not that familiar with
Fed Server.

Also, the Postgres data is being extracted and inserted from the same table
using Optim Archive. Does this pose an additional challenge with setting up
the mapping?

Thank you in advance

Alex