Re: Strange behavior with large datas

From: "Cyril VELTER" <cyril(dot)velter(at)metadys(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Strange behavior with large datas
Date: 2001-08-21 12:01:58
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

I've done some test to find where libpq hang. It does hang on the recv
call of fe-misc.c line 444. When it hangs, all datas have already been read
successfully on the socket, so recv should return 0 on a non blocking socket
?

The problem is solved (but I'm sure that it isn't the right solution)
with doing the recv call only if pqReadReady is true (else we set nread to
0).

BTW, does somebody know where I can find a recent native win32 libpq.dll
binarie (the ones I find on the WEB have also some problems with large
datas) ? For my client side program, I would prefer to have the native libpq
to avoid deploying cygwin on all clients.

cyril