Permission Denied

From: "pcampaigne" <pcampaigne(at)charter(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Permission Denied
Date: 2003-03-13 15:08:27
Lists: pgsql-novice

I'm using jdbc to connect tomcat to postgresql. I get "permission denied"
when my application tries to acces the database files.
"/usr/local/pgsql/data/global/1262"
I think I need to change the linux directory permission, but to who?
...postgres
...the database user
1. Which one? Should directory permission match the database username and password in the jdbc connection code?
2. Do I set permissions using chown and chgrp?
3. Set permission for just 1262 or all in the global directory? or of the path?

thanks,
Phil