Re: index with LIKE

From: "Henrik Steffen" <steffen(at)city-map(dot)de>
To: "'John Sidney-Woollett'" <johnsw(at)wardbrook(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: index with LIKE
Date: 2004-06-17 11:36:34
Lists: pgsql-general

hello john,

thanks for your email!

changing the index type to "text_pattern_ops" solved the problem.

I didn't quite get the point, when Joseph Shraibman first sent the link
regarding operator classes. My apologies.

However, I would not fancy to change all (hundrets) of indexes now.
Would changing the lc_collate setting to 'C' solve this issue as well?

Thanks again,

--

Mit freundlichem Gruß

Henrik Steffen
Geschäftsführer

top concepts Internetmarketing GmbH
Am Steinkamp 7 - D-21684 Stade - Germany
http://www.topconcepts.de Tel. +49 1805 9977 501*
mail: steffen(at)topconcepts(dot)de Fax. +49 1805 9977 502*
SMS Versand ab 9.9 Cent: http://sms-gw.topconcepts.de
Handelsregister: AG Stade HRB 5811 - UstId: DE 213645563
*) EUR 0,12/Min. (CNS24)