issue with smlar exension and gist index creation (9.2Beta1)

From: "mark" <dvlhntr(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "'pgsql-hackers'" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: issue with smlar exension and gist index creation (9.2Beta1)
Date: 2012-06-06 02:44:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi All,

I am playing around with 9.2Beta1 and the smlar extension that was presented
at pgcon. Looks like a lot of great work has gone into both - so thanks to
everyone for all the great work.

I did run into an issue while creating a GIST index using the _text_sml_ops.

I am getting "ERROR: failed to re-find parent for block 25399".

Create index statement :
Create index my_musbject_array_idx on message_20120605 USING
GIST(regexp_split_to_array(msubject, E'\\s+') _text_sml_ops);

(msubject is a varchar(255))
Encoding is UTF8

Table has data in it already. I know this isn't the preferred method of
creating this kind of index, but I don't see why it should fail with this
error.

I am working to see if I can find a reproducible case that doesn't involve
19GB of table data, but was told I might as well throw this out to the list
tonight.

I understand that smlar is very new, not even a contrib yet, but was told I
might as well throw this out to this list.

If anyone wants more details please let me know and I will try and get them
to you.

..: Mark