Re: Wondering how to get the name of the name of the user logged on to 'my' https:// site via PHP

From: "Phillip Smith" <phillip(dot)smith(at)weatherbeeta(dot)com(dot)au>
To: "'Greg Cocks'" <gcocks(at)stoller(dot)com>, "'PostgreSQL List - Novice'" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Wondering how to get the name of the name of the user logged on to 'my' https:// site via PHP
Date: 2008-02-20 03:24:17
Lists: pgsql-novice

Probably not a PostgreSQL question - I'd imagine you'll get a better answer
on a PHP list...

I don't know squat about PHP on IIS, but in the web system we wrote, we
store the current user in the $_SESSION variable:
$_SESSION["USERID"]

This gets set when they log in - perhaps IIS will set a similar variable
when it authenticates the user?