Re: Re: help mail about JDBC

From: "Dave Cramer" <Dave(at)micro-automation(dot)net>
To: "Bruce Momjian" <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, "jzy" <jzysl(at)public4(dot)sta(dot)net(dot)cn>
Cc: "PostgreSQL jdbc list" <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Re: help mail about JDBC
Date: 2001-04-29 23:32:08
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi,

The jar file is not version specific, however there are a few things about
the 7.1 jar which could be useful. In otherwords the 7.0 jar will work fine
for most things on the 7.1 version of postgres.
However AFAIK the 8k rowlimit inside the jdbc driver has been removed in the
7.1 version of the driver, and some other things have been fixed, so if you
are using large rows then you should get a copy of the new driver.

In order to use it just place it in your classpath

export CLASSPATH=$CLASSPATH:/usr/lib/pgsql/jdbc7.0-1.2.jar

If you want the 7.1 jar I can email it to you..

Regards,

Dave