Re: New install will not run

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: <KeithW(at)narrowpathinc(dot)com>, <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Subject: Re: New install will not run
Date: 2006-03-24 17:59:26
Lists: pgadmin-support

-----Original Message-----
From: "Keith Worthington"<keithw(at)narrowpathinc(dot)com>
Sent: 24/03/06 16:59:39
To: "pgAdmin Support"<pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "Dave Page"<dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Subject: Re: [pgadmin-support] New install will not run

> Woohoo! I have successfuly compiled and installed wxWidgets and pgadmin3 on a
> Red Hat Enterprise Linux v3 system! :-)

Congratulations - enjoy :-)

Regards, Dave

-----Unmodified Original Message-----
> On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 08:53:21 +0000, Dave Page wrote
> > On 23/3/06 22:41, "Keith Worthington" <keithw(at)narrowpathinc(dot)com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I just finished compiling and installing v1.4.2 on a Red Hat EL
> > v3 machine. The wxWidgets were a real bear but I thought I had
> > gotten through.
> >
> > Unfortunately at the end of the day when I tried to launch pgadmin
> > I got an error message. I don't really understand where to go
> > from here. Any help would be appreciated.
> >
> > # pgadmin3
> > pgadmin3: error while loading shared libraries: libpq.so.4:
> > cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
>
> Add the directory that your copy of libpq.so.4 is in to /etc/ld.so.conf
> (normally /usr/local/pgsql/lib - not sure if you've installed from RPM
> though), then run ldconfig as root.
>
> Regards, Dave.

Dave,

Your suggestion worked. As it turned out I was missing two directories.
# find . -iname libpq.so
./usr/local/pgsql/lib/libpq.so
./usr/local/pgsql-8.0.0/lib/libpq.so

So I added /usr/local/pgsql/lib/ to the end of /etc/ld.so.conf
# ldconfig

When I tried to run pgadmin again I was told
pgadmin3: error while loading shared libraries: libwx_gtk2u_xrc-2.6.so.0:

Figuring that your suggestion would apply a second time
# find . -iname libwx_gtk2u_xrc-2.6.so
./raid02/export02/downloads/wxGTK/wxGTK-2.6.2/lib/libwx_gtk2u_xrc-2.6.so
./usr/local/lib/libwx_gtk2u_xrc-2.6.so

So I added /usr/local/lib/ to the end of /etc/ld.so.conf
# ldconfig

The next time I tried to run pgadmin it worked!!

Woohoo! I have successfuly compiled and installed wxWidgets and pgadmin3 on a
Red Hat Enterprise Linux v3 system! :-)

That's LUNCH people! :-)

Thanks for your help.

Kind Regards,