Re: php + postgresql

From: "Jonathan Bond-Caron" <jbondc(at)openmv(dot)com>
To: "'Andrew Sullivan'" <ajs(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: php + postgresql
Date: 2008-07-25 19:43:31
Lists: pgsql-general

On Fri Jul 25 02:20 PM, Andrew Sullivan wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 25, 2008 at 01:41:50PM -0400, Jonathan Bond-Caron wrote:
>
>> Uhm, let's not start a PHP debate.
>
> The post would have been more effective if you'd stopped there ;-)

Agreed :)

> That said,
>
>> I'd say "the Web is just and always was a hack"
>
> I have to object to this pretty strongly.

I should take that back, there are excellent standards and engineering
behind them. No point in starting a web debate, but I'll just say I meant
"hack" in the way it glues together an abundant amount of technology and
most impressively, it works!

One thing's clear to me, I'll keep on using postgreSQL, it just makes me
smile,

Sincerely,
jon