Re: BLOB performance test FYI

From: "Marin Dimitrov" <marin(dot)dimitrov(at)sirma(dot)bg>
To: "Anders Bengtsson" <ndrsbngtssn(at)yahoo(dot)se>
Cc: <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BLOB performance test FYI
Date: 2002-04-19 13:08:28
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

----- Original Message -----
From: "Anders Bengtsson"

> This means that it would be possible to stream responses too, even with
> the current protocol. But it's very impractical for the user, so it's
> not a very good solution.

why is that?

the Oracle driver demands that columns be read in left-to-right order too,
without skipping a column

I'm also not sure that many people need executing a statement more than once
with the *same* parameter values

thanx,

Marin

----
"...what you brought from your past, is of no use in your present. When
you must choose a new path, do not bring old experiences with you.
Those who strike out afresh, but who attempt to retain a little of the
old life, end up torn apart by their own memories. "