Re: Sql performace - why soo long ?

From: "Lada 'Ray' Lostak" <ray(at)unreal64(dot)net>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Sql performace - why soo long ?
Date: 2004-12-11 19:40:18
Lists: pgsql-general

> Define "latest PgSQL". The query plans look like 7.3 or older results
> to me. 7.4 should do the IN with a hash join ...
"latest" is the last minor release, which I know worked well for us :) So, I
have "latest" from 7.3.x... I will try to upgrade to latest 7.4.x and try
all SQL's again. Thank you :)

Please, do you know if exists some 'up-to-date' doc about curret state of
planner ? I didn't found something like that.

Best regards,
Lada 'Ray' Lostak
Unreal64 Develop group
http://www.orcave.com
http://www.unreal64.net

In the 1960s you needed the power of two C64s to get a rocket
to the moon. Now you need a machine which is a vast number
of times more powerful just to run the most popular GUI.