Re: Lexicographic index ?

From: "Marin Dimitrov" <marin(dot)dimitrov(at)sirma(dot)bg>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>, <arnaud(dot)mlist1(at)free(dot)fr>
Subject: Re: Lexicographic index ?
Date: 2002-05-16 09:42:38
Lists: pgsql-general

----- Original Message -----
From: <arnaud(dot)mlist1(at)free(dot)fr>

> And what I want to built a query that tells me if a word given in argument
can
> be found at least partially in the database. Something like
>
> select * from twords where words||'%' like 'saxophones';
>
> works but uses a sequential scan on the table...

try http://techdocs.postgresql.org/techdocs/fulltextindexing.php

hth,

Marin

----
"...what you brought from your past, is of no use in your present. When
you must choose a new path, do not bring old experiences with you.
Those who strike out afresh, but who attempt to retain a little of the
old life, end up torn apart by their own memories. "