query performance, where goes time?

From: "Anibal David Acosta" <aa(at)devshock(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: query performance, where goes time?
Date: 2012-09-05 21:48:16
Lists: pgsql-performance

Using explain analyze I saw that many of my queries run really fast, less
than 1 milliseconds, for example the analyze output of a simple query over a
table with 5millions of records return "Total runtime: 0.078 ms"

But the real time is a lot more, about 15 ms, in fact the pgadmin show this
value.

So, where goes the others 14.2 ms?

Network transfer (TCP)?

Or analyze Total runtime don't represent the query runtime?

Thanks!