-B and -o '-S ' options

From: "Mitch Vincent" <mitch(at)venux(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: -B and -o '-S ' options
Date: 2000-09-21 17:52:23
Lists: pgsql-general

I have several beefy server on which we run PostgreSQL (the nicest a Dual
PIII 800 with 512 megs of RAM).. I just noticed that I didn't tweak the -B
and -o '-S' options any -- though I know this conversation has been on-list
in the past, I couldn't find it in the archives.

I'd like to beef it up some but without going overboard, many of my queries
do extensive sorting so I think it would benefit from some increased
memory..

If I may ask, what are you guys using on your production servers?

-Mitch