Re: Speakers Wanted for pgDay Cuba

From: "Charles Clavadetscher" <clavadetscher(at)swisspug(dot)org>
To: <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Speakers Wanted for pgDay Cuba
Date: 2015-07-26 08:22:11
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-hackers

Hi Josh

Thank you for your answer.

Yes I am. I will give a workshop on authorization in PostgreSQL: https://postgresql.uci.cu/

> These are specific to the US. Just because diplomatic relations are resumed
> doesn't mean all restrictions are lifted.
>
> > I am asking out of curiosity, because the idea sounds quite bizarre in
> > my ears.
>
> It's US international relations. If you expect it to make sense, you'll hurt your
> brain.

As a matter of fact, according to what I saw on the links sent by Adrian and some additional documents that I found following them, there has been an amendment on this regulation. I will send some more information on that in the response to Adrian, but to put is short, attending a conference falls into one of 12 categories for general authorized travel, making life easier for participants.

Bye
Charles