Re: Help with creating Documentation

From: "Ashish Karalkar" <ashish(dot)karalkar(at)info-spectrum(dot)com>
To: "joseph speigle" <joesp(at)sirfsup(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Help with creating Documentation
Date: 2007-03-09 12:59:19
Lists: pgsql-novice

You can also query the database information schema to get the list of table
and there columns

select table_name,column_name,
case when character_maximum_length is null then data_type else
data_type||'('||character_maximum_length||')'end as Datatype_Length,case
when is_nullable='YES' then '' else ' NOT NULL ' end as Constraints1
from information_schema.columns where table_schema='public' order by
table_name,ordinal_position