Re: varchar vs. text

From: "Rod Taylor" <rbt(at)barchord(dot)com>
To: "Ross J(dot) Reedstrom" <reedstrm(at)rice(dot)edu>, "Jan Wieck" <JanWieck(at)Yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: "Rachit Siamwalla" <rachit(at)ensim(dot)com>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: varchar vs. text
Date: 2001-07-11 15:14:32
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Still can't index those large toasted items -- not that I want to.
One interesting aspect is versioning of text documents where you want
them to be UNIQUE in regards to book development otherwise you have
the same document with 2 or more entries (more than a single version
number). Poor example; I know.
--
Rod Taylor

Your eyes are weary from staring at the CRT. You feel sleepy. Notice
how restful it is to watch the cursor blink. Close your eyes. The
opinions stated above are yours. You cannot imagine why you ever felt
otherwise.