Help with PostgreSQL porting project

From: "Chris Travers" <chris(at)travelamericas(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Help with PostgreSQL porting project
Date: 2004-01-02 11:38:25
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi all;

A few years ago, I set about porting a PHP application from MySQL to
PostgreSQL, after realizing that MySQL wasn't going to be able to handle it.
In order to do this, I built a light, fast database abstraction layer which
conforms to the behavior of the MySQL functions in PHP. This means that a
large amount of porting work could be made simple using this porting layer
if the application was originally used PHP's native MySQL functions rather
than a standard porting layer. The application was originally released
under the GPL.

I am pleased to announce that I have been able to secure permission from all
contributors to be able to re-release this under the LGPL, so that it can be
used with non-GPL programs.

If there is interest in this project, please let me know.

Best Wishes,
Chris Travers