TCP/IP connection

From: "Dhananjay Mishra" <dmishra(at)vt(dot)edu>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: TCP/IP connection
Date: 2003-05-21 10:42:07
Lists: pgsql-admin

I am trying to open the server for TCP/IP connection. My server is RedHat 7.2(postgresql-7.1.3).My question is - Is it necessary to edit etc/rc.d/init.d/postgresql and appened -i and -o options in postgres start script line.

I am trying to acheive this by changing the tcp-connaction flag in postgresql.conf file in data directory. But it does not seem to be working on this platform. But I used to do the same on Solaris and it perfectly worked.

Please suggest/comment!

Thanks and Best Regards,
Dhananjay Mishra (dmishra(at)vt(dot)edu)
Graduate Student, Department Of Computer Science
Virginia Tech
"This one step -- choosing a goal and sticking to it -- changes everything."
-Scott Reed