Re: Re: Red Hat to support PostgreSQL

From: "Gordan Bobic" <gordan(at)freeuk(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Re: Red Hat to support PostgreSQL
Date: 2001-06-28 09:01:34
Lists: pgsql-general

> > > Even though it may appear that your server is doing a lot, it's
not
> facing
> > > the load of a highly scaled enterprise level e-commerce site,
where
> RedHat
> > > just doesn't cut it.
> >
> > That claim is bogus. Red Hat Linux is the number one linux by far
in
> > enterprise deployments.
>
> Well, Microsoft has an even greater installed base in enterprise
> deployments, so NT must be better than Linux....
>
> Being #1 doesn't make you the best.

You've hit a nail on the head there.

However, FORTUNATELY, RH base their products on something that's
stable to begin with, so as long as they stick with the strategy of
using clean source and do everything else with patches, I think the
amount they can go wrong by is fairly seriously limited.

Regards.

Gordan