Reporting Tool?

From: "Chris Ruprecht" <chrup999(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: "pgadmin" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Reporting Tool?
Date: 2001-09-28 18:07:55
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi all,

so far, I had no need to print any reports out of my PostGreSQL database, I was able to do everything through the web. However, things change and now, I need to write an invoicing system. I have been using PL/PGSQL in the past, but it doesn't seem to have the ability to produce any type of reports.

I do not speak C/C++, tcl, Python or Perl, but I guess, I have to lean one of these. The invoices should run via cron once a month automagically, without any human intervention and should print on a LaserJet (the actual printing is not the problem).

Any suggestions?

Best regards,
Chris