how do I get the table name from a query?

From: "Reggie Burnett" <rykr(at)bellsouth(dot)net>
To: "'Hackers'" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: how do I get the table name from a query?
Date: 2003-01-27 14:30:45
Lists: pgsql-hackers

When using the FE/BE, how do I retrieve the table name for a given
column? Say I had the following SQL:

Select c.id, c.name, d.phone from Members c, Addresses d where c.id <
200

>From the docs of the FE/BE, I would see that the fields are named id,
name, phone but how do I find out the source tables that each field came
from? I need to know this to discover nullability of fields,
uniqueness, etc.

Thanks
Reggie