formatting current_timestamp

From: "Gallamine" <iam(at)gallamine(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: formatting current_timestamp
Date: 2002-12-13 20:03:58
Lists: pgsql-novice

Is there anyway that I can format CURRENT_TIMESTAMP so all it gives me is
the data and not the long hours;minutes;seconds part? I like to use it to
give a time to things put in the DB but the string is a little long for my
likeing.
-William

[ GoRobotics.net | RobotGeeks.com | RobotDirectory.org ]
Amateur robotics for the masses. Enter the world of robotics
"...God maintains a delicate balance between keeping his
existence sufficiently evident so people will know He's there
and yet hiding his presence enough so that people who
want to choose to ignore him can do it "
- J.P. Moreland PH.D.
Carpe Aeternum - Seize Eternity